- Personal Information We Collect
We may collect a range of Personal Information. “Personal Information” means information that uniquely identifies, relates to, describes, or is reasonably capable of being associated with or linked to you.
The types of Personal Information we collect may include:
- Contact Information – If you submit an inquiry, register for an account, or provide information on our Site, we may collect your contact information. This may include your name, email address, demographic information, and phone number.
- Pregnancy Information – In order to match you with the appropriate doula, we may collect certain information from you related to your pregnancy. This information may include general pregnancy information, potential risks related to your pregnancy, postpartum information, and birthing preferences.
- Financial Information – If you make any purchases through our Site, we may use a third-party service provider to collect your financial information, including your name and payment information.
- Location Data – While navigating our Site your mobile device or browser may share your location data, both through WiFi and GPS. We will collect this information based on the settings of your phone and browser.
- Usage Information – When you use our Site, our servers may automatically record information, including your Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”), browser type, referring URLs (e.g., the site you visited before coming to our Site), domain names associated with your internet service provider, information on your interaction with the Site, and other such information.
- Employment Information – If you engage with our services through your employer, we may collect information such as the name of your employer and whether the services are being covered by your employer’s plan. If you apply for employment with Alimus or submit inquiries related to providing independent contractor doula services, we will collect your employment and work history, as well as other Personal Information related to your potential employment with Alimus or your provision of doula services. This may include your education and employment history, certifications, address and contact information, demographic information, and any other information included in your resume or application.
- Communication Information – We may collect audio, electronic, or visual information, which includes screen sharing views; any data in any files uploaded, emailed or otherwise provided by customers; the contents of your communications with us, whether via e-mail, social media, telephone or otherwise, and inferences we may make from other Personal Information we collect.
2. How We Collect Your Personal Information
- We May Collect Your Personal Information Directly From You – For example, if you register for an account on the Site, or request or purchase products, services, or information from us.
- We May Also Collect Personal Information From Third Parties – For example, we may work with your employer, business partners, subcontractors, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers, who may provide us with Personal Information about you.
Most browsers provide you with the ability to block, delete, or disable cookies, and your mobile device may allow you to disable transmission of unique identifiers and location data. If you choose to reject cookies or block device identifiers, some features of the Site may not be available, or some functionality may be limited or unavailable. Please review the help pages of your browser or mobile device for assistance with changing your settings.
- Through Analytics – We may use analytics services, including Google Analytics, to assist us with analyzing our website traffic through cookies and similar technologies. For more information on Google Analytics’ processing of your Personal Information, please see https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites?hl=en-US. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
3. How We Use Personal Information
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may use Personal Information to:
- operate the Site and provide support to our business functions;
- fulfill customer requests, such as to create an account or complete customer purchases;
- protect against criminal activity, claims and other liabilities;
- send you information about our company, products, services, and promotions;
- respond to reviews, comments, or other feedback provided to us;
- support and personalize the Site and our advertising efforts;
- protect the security and integrity of the Site;
- provide customer support;
- the extent required for benchmarking, data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing the Site, facilitating product, software and applications development, improving the Site or our services, conducting research, analysis, studies or surveys, identifying usage trends, as well as for other analytics purposes;
- meet our contractual requirements;
- comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements and our policies;
- respond to inquiries related to doula engagement;
- respond to inquiries related to employment opportunities;
- market, advertise, and provide the Site and our services; and
- the extent necessary for any other lawful purpose for which the Personal Information is collected.
4. Sharing of Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- To Third Parties for Marketing Purposes – To the extent permitted under law, we may share your Personal Information with third parties for their marketing purposes. This may include third parties whose services we believe you may be interested, or who are interested in providing you with services.
- To Employers – If you engage with our services through your employer, we may share aggregated analytics data with your employer for payment purposes and in order for them to determine the effectiveness of our services.
- In the Case of a Merger or Sale – If and when we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of transfer or sale of some or all of its business, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding. Personal Information may be transferred along with the business. Where legally required we will give you prior notice and if you have a legal right to do so, an opportunity to object to this transfer.
- To Service Providers – When we hire a service provider to help operate the Site or our business, we may give access to Personal Information as necessary to perform the service for Alimus. This may include service providers that operate our Site, send our communications, or run our promotions. In the event it is required by law, we will enter into agreements with service providers to ensure the protection of your Personal Information.
- To Business Partners – We may share Personal Information with our trusted business partners, including doulas. For example, we may share your Personal Information with doulas in order for them to provide their services to you. We may also share your Personal Information with another company when we cosponsor a promotion or service. These partners may use your Personal Information to, among other things, send you information or contact you about their services and products.
5. How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information
6. How We Protect Your Personal Information
We use our commercially reasonable efforts to protect the confidentiality and security of Personal Information we process. However, despite these efforts to store Personal Information in a secure operating environment, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information during its transmission or its storage on our systems. Further, while we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third parties such as hackers from illegally obtaining access to Personal Information.
- Your Choices and Controls
Depending on where you live, you have the right to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Information. To opt-out of marketing communications please email us at email@example.com or by following the instructions included in the email or text correspondence.
Please note that, even if you unsubscribe from certain correspondence, we may still need to contact you with important transactional or administrative information, as permitted by law. Additionally, if you withdraw your consent or object to processing, or if you choose not to provide certain Personal Information, we may be unable to provide some or all of our services to you.
To exercise other rights with respect to your Personal Information, please contact us using the information in Section 12 below.
8. International use of the Site
This Site is hosted in the United States. If you are visiting this Site from outside of the United States, please note that by providing your Personal Information, it may be transferred to, stored, collected, or processed in countries (such as the United States) that are not the same as the country in which you reside.
- Children’s privacy
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any Personal Information from children under the age of 16. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child, we will promptly take steps to delete that information. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child has given us their Personal Information, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us using the information listed in Section 13.
- Links to third-party websites
- Contact us